Image Map

Sunday, January 19, 2014

See you in June, North Carolina!

Today is the day, folks! In less than 2 hours I will be on my way to the airport, saying goodbye to my parents, and starting the next chapter of my life.  I applied to go to France in the beginning of June 2013 so it is still hard to believe that this day I have been waiting for is finally here.

As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I can only have one suitcase and one carry on for my trip.  As someone who loves clothes, this was a very daunting task, but it is done.

I now present to you "How to pack for 6 months in the south of France in 1 suitcase & carryon!"


5 pairs of pants (my red pants aren't in the picture)

3 pairs of running shorts, 4 pairs of normal shorts and 2 pairs of yoga pants

Shoes. This was the hardest part to narrow down







2 dresses - my maxi dress and a summer dress


Pea coat, rain jacket and hoodie.

7 scarves

This is all my stuff piled onto my bed.
Thanks to Pinterest I had some help on how to pack.  I made sure that any top I took could be worn with different things.  Scarves are also the ticket to changing up an outfit.  I also rolled all of my clothing to make the most of the space.  Not pictured items that I am also taking are my makeup, a small crossbody purse, a backpack, some toiletries, my laptop, ipad, chargers, journal, bible and Mr. Darcy, my stuffed wolf.  One way that I am saving on weight is only taking a couple travel size of shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste because I know that I can buy full size once I get to France.  In addition to my carry on and suitcase I can take my bigger purse which helps as well.

That's it! All of that is in there!

 I will not have internet access until I get to France on the 26 ( I will be in Amsterdam from today until then) so I will thank you now for all your prayers & well wishes.  My goal is to update my blog at least once a week with what is going on so that everyone can stay updated.  If you want to reach me while I'm in France you can leave a comment, email me or send me message on facebook.  All my contact info is under my picture on the right side of the page.

I love you all!  See you in June, North Carolina!

4 comments:

  1. Once a week??? Make that AT LEAST twice, my friend. I'm so excited for you. You did a GREAT job packing!! I know that was seriously tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not 100% sure I brought all the right things but we shall see!! So far Amsterdam is quite cold so I'm wearing as many layers as possible

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by & commenting! I look forward to reading your comment and responding!