The congratulations is for my wonderful mother, Beth Hunnicutt. This Sunday will mark her 30th anniversary at my church!
I think spending 30 years at any one job is rare, yet alone at a church. I know that it is because my mom loves the Lord and that my church is filled with great leaders and members that this anniversary is possible. I am so thankful that the Lord called my mom to my church, First Baptist Church of Garner, 30 years ago. I could not have asked for a better church to grow up in.
Here are some things about my mom that I'm thankful for:
- Her love for the Lord. My mom (along with my dad) taught me to put Christ in the center of my life and everything else will be okay. Every Sunday morning worship and choir practice it is obvious that my mom wants none of the attention but it all to be about worshiping & honoring Christ.
- Her love of music. I am thankful for the piano lessons and children's choir years and for her putting a love of music in my heart.
- Passing on her good looks :) It is no secret that I look exactly like my mom did when she was 22 years old. I am glad I can see what my future will look like as well
My mom at 20 years old. It's like looking in a mirror
- Teaching me what a strong work ethic looks like & never allowing me to give up.
- The unconditional love she has for my family. Even though we all screw up sometimes she is always there for us supporting us and praying for us.
I could go on and on about how great I think my mom is but I'm sure everyone gets the point. Congratulations on 30 years, Mom! I love you!