Here are some highlights from my week:
1) This sunset. Oh my goodness I am in love. Cheri and I went down towards the beaches for the first time since being in Marseille and the timing could not have been more perfect. A sunset with a sailboat overlooking the Mediterranean sea? Breathtaking.
2) One thing that I didn't pack that I wish I had? A light jacket. I brought a pea coat, a hoodie and my rain jacket but I didn't bring any other type of jacket with me. The grocery store next to my apartment is much like an Aldi grocery store. This week the theme is hiking and outdoors so they were selling jackets. I bought this jacket for 9 euros. Pink would not normally be my first choice but it is so soft and it was exactly what I was looking for.
3) Erin over at Love, Fun, and Football posted a recipe for a pizza quinoa casserole a few weeks ago and I decided to test it out. It was delicious. Don't be afraid to cook quinoa (even if you're not sure how to pronounce it) it is super simple and extremely healthy. The recipe can be found here.
4) It seems like almost everyone in Marseille has a dog. Dogs are allowed just about everywhere - including the metro and some restaurants. The one place I have seen with a sign that says no dogs is the park across the street from my apartment. I am not sure why dogs aren't allowed in the park but everyone follows the rules. The other day while running I discovered one animal (besides the roosters that are everywhere) that is allowed in the park - a pony. Not quite sure where the pony came from but it definitely made me smile.
|best picture I could get while running & trying not to be too creepy|
5) Today for Valentine's day I have a hot date with Cheri babysitting our supervisor's kids. Exciting, right? Probably going to have some pizza and watch a disney movie. Our other supervisor did buy us macarons today which was very sweet. (mine was chocolate caramel banana - sorry, I ate it too quickly to take a picture!) In all honesty if I were at home I would probably be babysitting for a different couple so it is all the same to me. I love being able to help out others so they can enjoy time with the ones they love.
|No macaron picture but here are some of the other desserts this bakery had!|
How are you spending your Valentines day? Single or taken I hope you tell everyone important to you how much you love them!