Image Map

Friday, October 4, 2013

France here I come!

If you can't tell by the title off this post, I am going to France!  After months of praying about it & anxiously waiting I can now officially say that I will be leaving in January to live in Marseille, France for 5 months.  I have an internship in Marseille where I will essentially help plan & execute community events as well as work with locals on their English.  There are so many emotions running through my head about France that it is hard to write down what all I want to share.  Am I nervous about moving to France for 5 months? Of course!  However, I have zero doubt in my mind that this is what God has planned for me as my next step in life.  The main reason that I wanted to restart a blog was so that I would have a way to document everything going on with France.  Over the next few months there will be many blog posts about my trip and all the adventures that will come with it.  (the next one being getting my visa.  I didn't think about needing a visa until I was told I needed one and let me tell you, it is a complex process)

Here is a map of France so you can see where Marseille is (very bottom)



From the pictures I have seen it is a beautiful city.  One of the things I'm most excited about (besides the food, of course) is the fact that France is old.  America is a baby compared to the rest of the world.  The oldest thing in our country is Williamsburg - which I love - but we don't have nearly the history that Europe does.  I cannot wait to see the old streets and churches and historic buildings.




So this the first blog post of many about France.  I cannot wait for this life-changing experience.  If you want to know more feel free to ask because I love talking about it! 


à bientôt!
-Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & commenting! I look forward to reading your comment and responding!