Image Map

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving yall! 

Yesterday when I was at the gym I was thinking about what I wanted to write for a thanksgiving blog post while listening to one of my favorite Mumford & Sons songs "hopeless wanderer". I wasn't really paying attention to the song until the lyrics seemed to jump out at me. 


I will learn to love the skies I'm under - very profound if you ask me.  I think that as humans we are constantly waiting for the next big thing in our lives. I know for me I am so ready to graduate & go to France that I'm almost wishing away the next month and a half of my life. While there is nothing wrong with being ready to start the next chapter God has in store for me, I need to take the time to appreciate what I'm doing in my life right now.  In a little over 2 weeks I will no longer be a student at NC State University.  I will no longer be in "college world" but in the real world. Right now I'm living with my parents and I get to see my friends everyday but in just a short while I am going to go almost 6 months without seeing any of them. I need to learn to love the skies I'm under.  Good things are coming my way but that doesn't mean my life isn't great as it is right now.

I hope that you too can love whatever skies you're under. Life is short so let's stop wishing it away. Enjoy this day with your family & have a great Thanksgiving!

"Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:18

-MB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & commenting! I look forward to reading your comment and responding!